A TEST FOR OLD KIDS?
I would be picky who I sent this to. It had to be those who might actually
remember. So have some fun my sharp-witted friends. This is a test for us
‘old kids’! The answers are printed below, but don’t cheat.
01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the
grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone
would answer, I don’t know, but he left this behind. What did he leave
02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched
them on The _______________ Show.
03 ‘Get your kicks, __________________.’
04. ‘The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to
05. ‘In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.’
06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we ‘danced’ under a
stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the
07. Nestle’s makes the very best . . . . _______________.’
08. Satchmo was America ‘s ‘Ambassador of Goodwill.’ Our parents shared this
great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.
09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.
10 . Red Skeleton’s hobo character was named __________________ and Red
always ended his television show by saying, ‘Good Night, and ‘________
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the
front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ &
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, ‘the day the music died.’
This was a tribute to ___________________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did
it. It was called ___________________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50’s and 60’s was a large plastic ring
that we twirled around our waist. It was called the __ ______________.
01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
02. The Ed Sullivan Show
03. On Route 66
04. To protect the innocent
05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
06. The limbo
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader and ‘Good Night and God Bless.’
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. ? Not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
If you send this to your ‘old’ friends, you will keep them busy and let them
forget their aches and pains for a few minutes.